Cornwall County ASA Privacy Notice
Privacy Notice (How we use personal information)
CornwallCounty Amateur Swimming Association is affiliated to Swim England through its South WestRegion. At CornwallCounty ASA we collect and hold personal information relating to our volunteers (committee members, our technical officials, our non-technical swimmeet helpers) and the athletes entering our competitions. We aim to ensure that all data collected about our volunteers and athletes is collected, stored and processed in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). This policy applies to all data, regardless of whether it is in paper or electronic format.
The categories of information that we collect, hold and share include:
- Personal information (such as name, unique Swim England membership number, email address and/or phone number)
- Characteristics (such as nationality and disability classification)
- Attendance information (such as competition session and committee meeting attendance information)
- Individual performance results (e.g. competition results, qualifications, achievement or honorary awards)
Additionally, for welfare purposes, we may collect information about any person nominated by a volunteer as their emergency contact to enable us to communicate with them to facilitate the welfare of that volunteer.
Why we collect and use this information:
- to support volunteer training
- to enable the participation of athletes or officials in competitions
- to provide Swim England with performance and welfare information relating to registered athletes taking part in licensed competitions or licensedofficials
- to comply with reporting requirements of Swim England child protection and welfare policies and procedures
- to inform clubs and volunteers about upcoming events
- to maintain finance, accounts and records
- to administer grants in support of member club development
The lawful basis on which we use this information
We will only process personal data where we have one of 6 lawful bases (legal reasons) to do so under Article 6 of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR). Most commonly we process data under the following lawful basis:
- We need to comply with a Swim England policy or procedure obligation or a legal obligation
- We have gained consent from the volunteer or the parent/guardian of an athlete. When processing special category data, as well asone of the lawful basis for processing, we will ensure one of the following conditions for processing (as set out in Article 9 of GDPR) applies:
- Explicit consent has been given
- Processing is necessary to protect the vital interests of the athlete or volunteer
Where we have obtained consent to use personal data, this consent can be withdrawn at any timeon request. When we circulateinformation we will ask to be notified if recipientsno longer wish to be contacted by CCASA and if role(s) have changed.Someof the reasons listed above for collecting and using personal data overlap, and there may be several grounds which justify our use of this data.
Collecting personal information
Whilst the majority of information you provide to us either directly or via your swimming club is mandatory, some of it may be provided to us on a voluntary basis. In order to comply with the General Data Protection Regulation, we will inform you whether you are required to provide us with certain information or if you have a choicein this
Storing athlete or officials’ data
We hold athlete data for each competition and results are published on our website.We hold volunteer and officials’ data for the duration of their service to the county.
Who we share information with
We routinely process information with:
- Swim England
- Clubs affiliated by Swim England to our county
We use the following software to process personal data
- HY-TEK swim meet software
Why we share information
We do not share information about our athletes and volunteers with anyone without consent unless the law and our policies allow us to do so.
We are required to share athlete and officials’ data with Swim England, the national governing body, to which we are affiliated. This data sharing underpins the administration of our sport and the monitoring of progression of athletes and officials.
We do not share information about our athletes and volunteers for marketing or any other purpose.
Data collection requirements
You can obtain details of the data collection requirements placed on us by Swim England from their website
Requesting access to your personal data
Under data protection legislation, volunteers and athletes have the right to request access to information about them that we hold. To make a request for your personal information you may contact us via firstname.lastname@example.org
You also have the right to:
- object to processing of personal data that is likely to cause, or is causing, damage or distress
- prevent processing for the purpose of direct marketing
- object to decisions being taken by automated means
- in certain circumstances, have inaccurate personal data rectified, blocked, erased or destroyed; and
- claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of the Data Protection Regulations
If you have a concern about the way we are collecting or using your personal data, please raise your concern with us in the first instance. Alternatively, you can contact the Information Commissioner’s Office at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/
CCASA Privacy notice –Ratified by Management Boardon 9thOctober 2018 CW 30/11/18 Page 1 of 2Privacy notice following The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), which came into force on 25 May 2018. Thanks to Surrey County ASA for permitting us to use their policy as a template on which to develop our own.
CCASA Privacy notice –Ratified by Management Boardon 9thOctober 2018